This course raises awareness of the Infection Control and provides awareness of types of infection, routes of transmission and measures to limit the spread of infection. This online course can be accessed via a range of platforms including IOS and Android, the programme benefits from an animated scenes and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide background information on Infection Control and the importance of Public Health
- Discuss Legislation and Policy relating to Infection Control
- Highlight the importance of risk assessment and management in infection control
- Include the chain of infection and how to break it.
- Enable Learners to describe the types of infections, disease, routes of transmission and the principles of infection.
- Include Infection Control measures related directly to children and vulnerable people and the responsibilities of staff and managers.
This is a cross sector course and will benefit all professional’s, frontline workers and leaders.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence